2nd Line Technical Support/Infrastructure Engineer
Eteach is seeking an engineer to join the team in a new role supporting the infrastructure lead with all aspects of the network, servers, and desktop computing.
The role will need to support the wider function with projects and problems as they happen. There will be times when smaller projects are fully managed by this role with support from the infrastructure lead.
- Installing, configuring, and administering the IT infrastructure including servers, printers, PCs, laptops, networking equipment, and audio-visual equipment (TVs, projectors, etc)
- Writing and updating documentation, procedures and policies for existing IT systems, services, or telecommunications equipment.
- Conducting Server updates including patching and O/S releases
- Helping ensure all security, backup and disaster recovery arrangements for hardware, software and telecommunications are in place and operating correctly.
- Assisting the line manager as required
- Managing Infrastructure changes following the Change Management procedures
- High level of attention to detail, analytical and investigative problem-solving mindset.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff
- Manage small infrastructure upgrade projects and provide cover for 1st/2nd line support (holidays/sickness etc.)
- 2+ years of Microsoft Infrastructure Experience including a hands-on Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server set up and administration (2012 to 2019) including Active Directory, Exchange 2016, Exchange Online.
- Exchange Online, Policy management etc.
- Experience working with VMWare, version 6.5 – 7.0
- MS 365 and Azure administration experience
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2010 Professional, including scripted setup, support etc.
- Knowledge of IT Security Principles, including Networking, Windows, AD, PCs, and Mobile devices
- Experience working with external Data centres and internal infrastructures stacks with dynamic replication
- Highly organised and can multitask effectively
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology and administration
- Able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service
- Good problem-solving skills
Eteach is a specialist EdTech company, leading the way delivering Job board and recruitment software for schools and colleges, we are proud to work with thousands of schools and colleges across the UK and Internationally. With our HQ in Bracknell, Berkshire we also have offices are in Cardiff, Dubai, and London.
We are a fast-moving independent business that needs great people to continue our success.
Why join us?
Being part of the Eteach team means you will be passionate about making a difference in education. Everyone here believes in providing better products and services so that schools and colleges can invest more in their pupils.
Eteach welcomes applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, religious belief, disability, or sexual orientation. You must have the right to work in the UK.