Eteach is a specialist EdTech company, leading the way in delivering Job board and recruitment software for schools and colleges, we are proud to work with thousands of schools and colleges across the UK and Internationally. With our HQ in Bracknell, Berkshire we also have offices in Cardiff, Dubai, and London.
We are a fast-moving independent business that needs great people to continue our success.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will be responsible for ensuring all debts are followed up and collected within agreed terms, advising on issues/problems surrounding debt collection, producing reports summarising ledger information and accurate distribution of and filing of invoices.
- Call customers with outstanding debts and record activities within the finance systems ensuring the timely collection of outstanding debts.
- Dealing with client reconciliation, statements and timesheets, company accounts and bank reconciliations.
- Monitor aged debt reports and regularly report on debt recovery action to be taken. Advise management on bad debts to be written off and process all agreed write-offs.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with other internal departments to assist or resolve financial queries.
- Produce and distribute reminder letters and statements for all unpaid debt as set out in the credit-control procedures.
- Regular debt review meetings with heads of departments across the business
- Liaising with external debt collection agencies to ensure outstanding debts are collected in a timely manner
- General administration within the accounts department
- Produce and distribute sales invoices and credit notes.
- Match cheque and BACS payments to unpaid invoices.
- Process credit card receipts from customers
- Assist in the provision of financial information & analysis as required to support the monthly reporting process & other ad hoc information requirements.
- Assist and support other members of the Finance team.
- Provide absence cover for other members of the Finance dept
- Keep your reporting Manager informed about any developments, trends or problems
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, campaigns and assignments as required.
- Project a professional image in all aspects of personal presentation.
- Carry out any other adhoc duties as directed by your reporting Manager and/or the board of directors
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Proven track record within a similar role.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate concisely with both the Finance Team and other internal departments, as well as with customers.
- Ability to effectively work on own and as part of a small but highly efficient team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft CRM and Business Central
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Education or IT sectors
In return, we can offer our employees a fantastic range of benefits, including:
- Annual leave - 22 days increasing with length of service + 3 discretionary days to be used during the Christmas holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Enhanced Pension Scheme*
- Eyecare voucher scheme*
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Tailored career path
- Moving day
Why join us?
Being part of the Eteach team means you will be passionate about making a difference in education. Everyone here believes in providing better products and services so that schools and colleges can invest more in their pupils.
Eteach welcomes applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, religious belief, disability, or sexual orientation. You must have the right to work in the UK.